Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Report From Gaget Dan - ..one more for the Good Guys!

June 15, 2008

I was traveling Eastbound on I-8, one mile West of the Hwy.79 exit, when, I observed a POI (person of interest) coming out of the canyon onto the South side of I-8 walking Westbound. When I stopped my vehicle, he started jogging Westbound along I-8.

I called the El Cajon BP Dispatch at aprox. 1800 hrs.(6PM) and told them about the POI I observed. The Dispatcher noted the infomation and said he would see if they had an Agent available to respond? After a few minutes I observed the POI crossing Northbound over the Freeway, I called the Dispatcher once again to update them on the POI location. They were checking to see if an Agent was able to respond? Once the POI crossed to the North side of I-8, I lost visual on him. I stood by my location waiting to see if a BP Agent would arrive,removing litter from along the roadside to pass the time (removed aprox.20 pounds). After aprox. 45 minutes from notifying the El Cajon BP Dispatcher, I called to give one last update on the POI (color of shirt, hat, pants, etc.). No sooner did I hang up my cell phone when the POI walked up to me and started talking to me in Spanish.

I called back the El Cajon Dispatcher and told him that the POI is back at my location, sitting down asking for water, etc.? I was told that they have no BP Agent to send,and, was there anything else they could help me with? To say the least, I was fit to be tied! I told the Dispatcher that if they didn't have an Agent to send, they couldn't help me with anything else.

Then, I called the Campo BP out on I-8 near Sunrise Hwy., told them that I have a POI at my location, that El Cajon BP had no Agents available to send,and, asked if they had an Agent available to send? They mentioned that they thought they did, and, would try to send one? I gave the Agent my cell phone number and told him if they are not able to send an Agent, to give me a call back (it's 1900Hrs./ 7PM) by now. The Campo Agent arrived in aprox. 12 min., thanked me, processed the POI and were on their way by 1920Hrs. / 7:20PM.

Happy Father's Day America...one more for the Good Guys! Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment