Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Report from C 1

Campo update 4/9-4/11/07

I had some time off during the week so I packed up extra gear and headed
for the border. Because I was “on vacation” and had my scooter (Honda
XR400) with me I decided to stay at Outdoor World, the campground near
Tierra Del Sol. I arrived in the afternoon on Monday 4/9/07 and set up
camp. Then I drove my truck to Campo for a night of border watch. That
night’s patrol was uneventful at least for the part that I was there. I
left the border about 0200 and went back to camp for some shuteye.

Tuesday morning 4/10 I donned my Kevlar and patrolled the border on my
scooter. I went from just east of Campo all the way to where the border
road ends west of Tierra del Sol. While I did not catch any illegals,
evidence of crossings were everywhere. The stretch of border fence from
Smith canyon to east of Tierra Del Sol is full of large holes and border
booties and blankets were everywhere. Meanwhile the National Guard was
building a “pump house” on the border road for some reason. I know that
the men and women there were just following orders, but who gave them
that asinine order? For two days a half a dozen men worked on that tiny
concrete block structure and never finished it. Meanwhile there are
sections of the fence where there is a man-sized hole every 20 feet!
Simultaneosly George Bush was in Yuma proclaiming arrests of illegals
are down and the border is ever more secure. What a sad, treasonous joke.

I patrolled in my truck in Campo that night. Before leaving about 0100 I
check “the pit” just east of the PCT. It has been wired and cut open
several times and when I left it was plugged with tree branches.
Wednesday morning however it had been cleared of debris and there was
evidence of an illegal intrusion overnight.

I am saddened that more people are not patrolling Campo and the
surrounding areas. I am committed to going down once a month and will
continue to do so at my own (considerable) expense. I urge every
patriotic American to donate some time on the border. If you can’t spend
time then please donate to the Campo Minutemen at

http://www.campominutemen.com/


My camp was in fairly close proximity to the Minuteman Civil Defense
Corp’s (MCDC) “Camp Vigilance” In addition to being a Campo Minuteman
and an independent civilian observer I am also and MCDC member. Though I
have never deployed with them, I visited their camp and attended a
meeting. I was impressed with their dedication. I urge all border watch
groups to lay aside their petty differences and work together to save
our great country from invasion and remain vigilant at a government and
politicians that seem bent on selling out it’s citizens.
I packed up and headed for home the night of 4/11/07. I will return to
Campo the last weekend in May.
Please fell free to click on the photos at right for a pictorial account
of my most recent visit to our porous and insecure southern border.
Thanks for your support,
C1

Update and photos at:

http://charlieuno.vox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment