Tuesday, July 4, 2006

San Diego Express

So I'm standing near the border fence in Campo taking to "36", another minuteman. The sun had just gone down and it was starting to get dark. All of a sudden we hear someone jump over the border fence less than 200 feet away. We look at each other with disbelief and Ken gets into his vehicle and takes off towards the fence jumper. I grab my 15,000,000 candle power spotlight, turned it on and nothing.. the fuse had blown. I can see the silhouette of a person standing on the road near the fence. I get in my '82 van and drive up to him, 36 had taken a longer way so I was first to get there. I drove along side him and asked what he was doing. He said " San Diego??" I laughed and said Yea, San Diego. He tried to open the passenger door. The illegal alien thought I was the bus to San Diego! I guess he figured you jump the fence and people are waiting on the border to take you to the free housing and healthcare. I told him not to open the door, stopped the van and got out while Ken called the BP. The illegal and I tried to have a conversation and smoked a few American spirit cigarettes. We never detained him or told him to stay put. He just stood there, I guess trying to figure out how the hell he was going to get to San Diego. After about ten minutes the BP arrived and talked with him before giving him a ride to the station. The BP agent asked him if he had heard of the Minutemen, he said no. BP told him who we were. He's going to go back home and tell everyone "As soon as you jump the fence, the Minutemen are there. Stay away from the blue van, it dosen't go to San Diego!"

No comments:

Post a Comment